Between the Shepherds Heart Food Pantry and our Things from the Heart Resale Store it really comes down to, “what are you interested in doing” and when do you have time to do it?
- We have a place for you. If you have a particular skill set we want to know so we can help you use it.
- The pantry is open for food distribution noon to 6:00pm every Thursday.
- We stock the pantry when food comes in usually Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 8am to about noonish.
- We need people to help at Things from the Heart, our resale store, Monday through Saturday. Store hours are 9am to 4pm daily o The store is now located in the Fairgate Shopping Center, 4014 Bosque.
In a collaborative effort between The Shepherd’s Heart and the Central Texas Food Bank, in Austin:
- The Second Saturday of each month we have a mobile pantry food distribution located at 3300 Franklin Ave o We need volunteers to help distribute food from 10:00am to Noon.
- The third Tuesday of each month, we have a mobile pantry food distribution located at TSTC in front of the Industrial Technology Center (at Crest Dr. and Airline Dr.), 11:00am to 1:00pm.
Do you have a heart to serve?
Want to be in a place where you can make a difference?
We need volunteers to help deliver food to seniors from 10:30am to 1:00pm Become a driver. We deliver groceries to 525 seniors. Work through lunch on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday to deliver to seniors. What a blessing that is.
Become a donor. Every $5.00 donated will provide 40lbs of nutritious food to feed a family in need.
Help organize a food drive where you work, go to school or go to church.
The Shepherd’s Heart is staffed entirely of volunteers who wish to make a difference in the lives of others. If there is something in particular you would like to do please let us know. The list above is some of the main things where volunteers are needed, but not a complete list.
- Help organize a food drive where you work, go to school or go to church.
- Become a driver. Work through lunch on Wednesday or Thursday to deliver food to seniors. What a blessing that is.
Here is a picture of what that looks like for our volunteers who stock the shelves and distribute or deliver the food to seniors:
Three semi-truck loads each month of food are provided because of your support!!! You are amazing!!! We couldn’t do this without you.
We are grateful for the support from the volunteers and the community to make feeding those in need successful.
Pro 19:17 He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and He will reward him for what he has done.