There are so many ways you can help:
- Volunteer your time at the pantry or our resale shop
- Spearhead a food collection drive at work or church
- Donate money
- Get your church or place of worship involved in our network of regular givers
Donations from the Central Texas community are vital to continue the mission of feeding the hungry.
Food, perishables and monetary donations are truly a blessing to us. You may also dedicate your donation in honor of, or in memory of someone. These will be published on our website as they are received. If you’d prefer it to not be published, just let us know. All donations will be prayerfully and gratefully received, regardless of size.
Food & monetary donations can be brought by our pantry location:
The Shepherd’s Heart
P.O. Box 23175
Waco, TX 76702
or donate securely online through PayPal by submitting the following form:
You are donating to : Get Involved
Between the Shepherds Heart Food Pantry and our Things from the Heart Resale Store it really comes down to, “what are you interested in doing” and when do you have time to do it?
- We have a place for you. If you have a particular skill set we want to know so we can help you use it.
- The pantry is open for food distribution noon to 6:00pm every Thursday.
- We stock the pantry when food comes in usually Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 8am to about noonish.
- We need people to help at Things from the Heart, our resale store, Monday through Saturday. Store hours are 9am to 4pm daily o The store is now located in the Fairgate Shopping Center, 4014 Bosque.
In a collaborative effort between The Shepherd’s Heart and the Central Texas Food Bank, in Austin:
- The Second Saturday of each month we have a mobile pantry food distribution located at 3300 Franklin Ave o We need volunteers to help distribute food from 10:00am to Noon.
- The third Tuesday of each month, we have a mobile pantry food distribution located at TSTC in front of the Industrial Technology Center (at Crest Dr. and Airline Dr.), 11:00am to 1:00pm.
Do you have a heart to serve?
Want to be in a place where you can make a difference?
We need volunteers to help deliver food to seniors from 10:30am to 1:00pm Become a driver. We deliver groceries to 525 seniors. Work through lunch on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday to deliver to seniors. What a blessing that is.
Become a donor. Every $5.00 donated will provide 40lbs of nutritious food to feed a family in need.
Help organize a food drive where you work, go to school or go to church.
The Shepherd’s Heart is staffed entirely of volunteers who wish to make a difference in the lives of others. If there is something in particular you would like to do please let us know. The list above is some of the main things where volunteers are needed, but not a complete list.
Interested in Volunteering with us??? We Need You!
Click here for more Volunteer Information!
GET YOUR CHURCH INVOLVED:
Christian churches are groups of caring people united in their desire to follow Jesus’ example.
We invite you to involve your church in our mission of feeding the hungry in our area. We already work with several area churches, but we would like that number to grow.
Here are a few ways your church can help:
- Dedicate a percentage of the weekly offering to The Shepherd’s Heart
- Run a food collection drive
- Spearhead a special offering to benefit The Shepherd’s Heart
- Encourage church members to become volunteers for our pantry or resale shop
- Run a clothing drive
- Run a garage sale with proceeds to benefit The Shepherd’s Heart
Contact us to discuss your ideas!