Each year Shepherds Heart provides Christmas to children that are officially “homeless” according to Waco ISD and other schools with whom we partner. This year will be our fourth year to provide Christmas to “homeless’ children. Waco ISD typically has 1,300 to 1,500 children who are officially homeless.
While there are other toy programs in the community this was an area of unmet need. Last year we provided Christmas to over 450 children. This year we expect to serve about 600 children.
Each year this has been accomplished through a cooperative effort of getting churches, businesses and individuals involved in donating toys or other resources to contribute to the success of the program.
What can you do to help?
- We need toys all shapes and sizes for boys and girls grades k through 12. We are expecting 600 children to participate this year. Do not wrap them.
- If you aren’t sure what to give money helps. We give the high school kids gift certificates instead of toys that may not match up.
- We need food donors; for a buffet style set up.
- We need Volunteers to staff the game for the Christmas Party fun.
- Maybe you just want to help be a part of the action on party day; come you party animals, we will need help setting up and taking down.
2016 Collection Locations: Click here for printable list
If you would like to participate in any way to help make this year’s Christmas a success, please contact us:
Phone: 254-230-7393 or 254-366-3684 Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join with us and our media partners to make Christmas truly joyful for all our children.
Photos from Toys from the Heart 2016 Event:
(click photos to enlarge)